I spent some time with the VP of an interesting company recently.
The company is pretty good size (several hundred million dollars in revenue and many hundreds of employees).
The company sells products, services, and training. The training segment of the business represents a very small percentage of the actual corporate revenue but is a key strategy in the company’s brand identity, customer satisfaction strategy and instrumental in the supporting the sales of products and services.
Historically the company has run a successful training operation but not done an optimal job at synergizing the operations.
Lake most companies, they have many disparate systems (AR, CRM, ERP, etc.)
The problem seemed so interesting top me that I thought I’d use it as the basis for a sample application oversize.
Phase #1 will be implementing the basic data handling features for a training company.
- Each course will be given many times a year.
- Each course instance can be given at multiple locations.
- Each location has different facilities.
- Each course is part of a curriculum and must be organizational by that identity.
- Each course has prerequisites and requirements.
- Each course may be given by multiple instructors and instructor identical is an index.
As I get ready to begin implementation, please make any comments and feature suggestions below.