Last year I built a sample WebForms application modeled after the original iBuySpy ecommerce application called TailSpin Spyworks.
I thought it would be interesting to build something “real” using Microsoft WebMatrix.
The web site I’ve settled on is a Kids Sports Team Portal. Here are some of the features I’m planning on.
- Season Game Schedule with front page reminder.
- Game Results archive with front page “most recent” game results.
- Practice Schedule.
- Push updates to parents email list.
- Parent’s notification (option to advice coaches that a child will be absent.)
- Restricted access photo gallery with parent’s contributions.
- Restricted access video gallery with parent’s contribution.
- Some social networking integration.
I’ll be starting with an open source template.
As I’m starting to plan and build, WHAT FEATURES WOULD YOU RECOMMEND !