I got my first job writing code for money in 1975 at the ripe old age of 15 and I’ve been in the Information Technology business ever since.
In that time I have :
- Written software on Main Frame Computers (IBM & Honeywell)
- Written software on Mini Computers (Dec, Data General, Wang)
- Written software on Micro Computers (PC, CP/M)
- Held roles from Programmer Analyst to President & CEO.
- Been involved in several start-ups and been on both the receiving and lending sides of the venture capital process.
- Been self employed.
- Worked for companies as small as 8 people and as large as 80,000.
- Spent 10 years at Microsoft Corporation.
- Spoken at over 1000 developer events.
- Managed as many as 400 people.
- Build “shrink wrap” products, public Web Sites, and line-of-business applications.
- Specialized in developer security, scale-ability, performance, user interface design, and distributed architectures.
I am employed by Mozilla Corporation as a Senior Program Manager of Software Development Technologies & Community.
- A happy and thankful husband.
- A father of two adult and two young children.
- A custodian of three German Sheppards.
- A trainer of fighting athletes (and a retired fighter myself).
- A personal defense coach to Women, Children & Men.
- A firearms instructor and adjunct at the Sig Sauer Firearms Academy.
- An avid reader of Biographies, History, Psychology, and Fiction.
- A handyman, gardener, driver, medic, cook, laborer, psychologist, fan, bank, housekeeper, a friend.
I am motivated by many things including helping others reach for, and attain their goals !
Feel free to contact me by using the contact link on the menu above.