I get approached about jobs all the time, I very seldom post them on my blog, but this one sounded really cool.
It’s IN LA, and it’s a funded startup in the Social Networking space.
The client is an entrepreneurially driven, independent venture that is launching a new, web-centric model for the distribution of all manner of entertainment products — DVDs, CDs, videogames and books, both in shrink-wrapped and digital form. It is being architected on a rich Internet application software platform and is expected to offer a million-title deep library of product as well as a range of exclusive products from A-level talent. The site combines commerce and social networking elements to support a model that feeds into people’s natural behaviors to talk and proselytize about the artists, films, games and books about which they are most passionate. Our client is advised by the brightest and most influential minds in the technology and entertainment space including former employees of Creative Artists, Idealab!, AOL, Gap and many others.
Work as the lead developer of the core engineering team to design and develop new applications and features from the ground up. Primarily responsible for developing within a .NET environment and developing code given product design and user interaction specifications.
- 6-8 years experience as a developer
- Strong knowledge of C#, ASP.NET, Visual Studio
- Solid foundation in n-tier, Business Objects, Design Patterns and OOP
- Experience with Agile Software Developer (including Extreme Programming)
- Experience with Biztalk, Commerce Server and IIS6 highly desired
- Strong knowledge of web service (SOA, WSDL, SOAP)
- Must be a driven self-starter that is comfortable working in a start-up environment and seeing the “BIG” picture
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Quick learner and can-do attitude
- Comfortable working in a casual fun environment desiring a competitive salary and great benefits!
Candidates MUST have hands-on expertise in architecting, prioritizing, analyzing, and developing a technical roadmap for a large consumer Internet company. Must have prior experience in a major ecommerce, search, social network, and community building Internet site in a hands-on technical role.
The client is led by veteran Internet and Entertainment entrepreneurs and is backed by a leading venture capitalist.
If you’re interested DON’T EMAIL ME !!!!
Email Matt at firstname.lastname@example.org